Plans for Magazine Advert


The colours i choose to go for within the Magazine advert were bright blues, reds, oranges, yellows, pinks and greens. The reason for this is because Charli XCX's target audience is aimed at young teens. I believe the use of these vibrant colours on a poster would best draw their attention. I know from personal experience that magazine ads that stand out the most are acknowledged more than those will bland colouring. Furthermore, the use of tropical colours matches Charli XCX outfit. The red on her heels matches the colour of the 'red balloons' which is a name of one of her songs appearing on her album Sucker. The fonts i chose to use were bold especially the album title Sucker. Making each letter a different colours and each one of them had a set colour of lights. Furthermore, the use of each balloon flying up forwards Charli XCX name with the name of each song shows that they all come from her album. I decided it was important to include a song on the album where she had collaborated with another successful artist such as Rita Ora and this is why she is placed in the centre on the lower section of the ad alongside the release date.  I interlinked both my digipak and magazine advert through the use of the coloured lights down the side forming the border along with the flying red balloons.  I believe this would positively impact the audience because her target audience would find it eye catching and be drawn into purchasing it. I also decided to add in a quote of how some people may sum up Charli XCX and her generation and this is referring to her as 'a sucker for revolution'. i believe those who also refer to themselves in this way will be interested into purchasing the album. 



I decided that the best thing to do with my magazine advert would be to create this one on the computer rather than by hand like i had done with my first plan for my magazine advert. This is the kind of image i want on my final magazine due to the fact the title and the artist name being really bold and standing out from the background. My choice of colours really compliment each other for example the bold soft blue colours and the sparkly pink album release date.  I have decided to place the image of Charli XCX in the background as she is easily recognisable and furthermore, men will be attracted to the way in which she looks with think silky hair, dark red lipstick and silk violet top makes her look seductive. However, to improve this i do believe that my title and the artists name possibly should be different colours as they do blend into the background colours. Out of the two choices of magazine adverts. My personal favourite is the second magazine advert. This is because the background fully covers the entire page which means that their is no empty space and this really attracts the audience where as, my first magazine plan was a little bit bland and wouldn't stand out very well next to other published adverts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question 3-What have you learned from your audience feedback?  

Music Video Target Audience

The Purpose of a Music Video