Analysis of a magazine advert

The font type used within this piece was effective it was bold but it stood out. It was kept simplistic just as the artist is always shown however the curls on her actual name look almost like vines being wrapped around each other which fits perfectly with her nature theme. The choice of colours were once again soft upon her own image and the pastel pink flowers around her but harsher blacks in the backgrounds to compliment the white and make her title of her album really stand out. The imagery within this advert made Florence appear although she was from another era. The tudors especially due to the corset and the big puffy sleeves and shoulders. This magazine advert is targeting older teenagers and above. Her hippie look with the flowers and birds makes her cover very original and compliments especially the songs within this album. Most importantly 'The dog days are over' was the biggest hit of this album the black shades could represent a hard point within her career and now she is surrounded by soft pinks and greens showing light and an end of that time. Furthermore the use of the bars across her chest being dark could be a symbol of her lungs. This will help with my own work because i now know exactly how much depth and meaning i need to go into to justify all my decisions on my titles, fonts, imagery etc.

This will help me when making my own magazine advert because I will be able to really consider which aspects will actually make sense to my audience and whether I can make links through the imagery on my advert, lyrics and album theme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question 3-What have you learned from your audience feedback?  

Music Video Target Audience

The Purpose of a Music Video